Orthopedic surgery is one of the most common types of surgery performed by veterinarians. You might think that accidents are the leading cause for this, but actually most orthopedic problems are genetic. The most common orthopedic condition is hip dysplasia. Many dogs also have serious knee problems that require surgery. In small breeds, the most common condition is patellar luxation (kneecap dislocation), while larger dogs tend to be plagued more by problems with their anterior cruciate ligaments.
Which orthopedic services are offered at Hôpital vétérinaire LaSalle?
- Treatment of various soft tissue injuries (tendons and ligaments)
- Correction of patellar luxation
- Repair of fractures and various surgical fixations
- Treatment of joint dislocations
- Treatment of osteoarthritis
- Surgical correction of cruciate ligament rupture
- Consultations and surgery for hip and elbow dysplasia
- Treatment of aseptic necrosis of the femoral head